Housing H&S Compliance UK Ltd is an independent and practical consultancy that is passionate about the social housing sector; working alongside a diverse range of clients from all areas of the UK, we offer a bespoke package of support that suits the needs of the individual organisation as well as offering an impressive portfolio of training courses.
We can offer help and support across the full range of safety-related topics, whether it’s one or all of the ‘big 6’ landlord/building safety areas or you need help with CDM, we have specialists available to work with you. We can also look at your ‘corporate’ health and safety, providing support with reviewing polices and procedures, supporting you with writing risk assessments, carrying out DSE assessments; we have the right person in our portfolio that can help you.
Here’s just a sample of what we offer:
Corporate Health & Safety
- Advice & guidance in complying with health & safety legislation, regulations and Approved Codes of Practice
- Support with the development of safety policies, procedures and arrangements
- Premises inspections & audits
- Support with the development and completion of risk assessments, including:
- Manual handling assessments
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) assessments
- Carrying out Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Assessments and home working assessments
- Gap analyses – identifying what you already have and where improvements can be made.
We can carry out impartial and independent audits of the range of landlord / building safety topics which includes an in-depth look at the management and monitoring arrangements in place (as agreed with the client) to ensure that such arrangements are fit for purpose, are compliant with regulations, sector specific requirements and best practice guidance as well as being delivered in accordance with the policies and procedures in place within the organisation.
We offer that additional ‘line of defence’ giving you assurance in the following business critical areas:
- Fire safety management and risk assessment review
- Asbestos management
- Legionella and water hygiene
- Fixed electrical inspections
- Management of gas safety
- Lifting equipment (passenger lifts, through-floor lifts, hoists etc).
Importantly we can also put you in touch with a team of competent fire risk assessors; all of whom are included within the UKAS accredited Fire Risk Assessors Certification Scheme (FRACS) scheme.
Fire risk assessors who have completed the comprehensive technical evaluation successfully and achieved certification are considered 'competent' to produce risk assessments that are 'suitable and sufficient' for the purposes of the relevant UK fire safety legislation.
Our team of specialists have been hand-selected because of the knowledge and experience they bring, not only in their subject area, but in the social housing sector generally. ALL have been time served in their specialist area and have personally worked with our director over many years.
Want to find out more about them? Feel free to head over to our 'meet the team' page.