COSHH Assessment Training
The COSHH assessment course gives learners an awareness of the regulations relating to COSHH, the different types of substances, the requirements for and undertaking of a COSHH risk assessment and how to control risks.
The COSHH assessment course covers:
- Legal duties
- Natures of substances
- Risk assessment
- Controlling the risk.
COSHH Awareness Training
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002 provides a legal framework that requires employers to protect employees from hazardous substances at work and to ensure that employees liable to be exposed to a substance hazardous to health are suitably and sufficiently informed, instructed and trained.
This course provides an introduction to COSHH and provides awareness around what a hazardous substance is, employer and employee duties under the regulations, the health risks that could be caused by being exposed to hazardous substances as well as the hazard symbols and their meanings and the steps taken to carry out COSHH assessments and reduce risks.
Abrasive Wheel Training
The training course will consist of theory and practical sessions, followed by assessment.
Course sessions include:
- Abrasive wheel safety and the law
- Personal protective equipment,
- Inspection, handling, transportation & storage.
Undertaking Hot Work Safely Training
Topics covered include key management steps, fire risk assessments, and hazards posed by oxygen.
Amongst other things, the course will enable participants to:
- Recognise different hot work processes
- Contribute to the fire risk assessment process
- Describe the combustion triangle
- Identify different fuel sources.
Ladder and Step Ladder Safety Training
This half day course will enable delegates to be able to safely use leaning and step ladders.
The course includes
- Legal requirements and guidance
- Planning and organising
- Assessing risks
- Situational and dynamic risk assessments when undertaking tasks at height.
Theory and practical tests are available if required.
Manual Handling Awareness Training
Delegates will learn the basic skills of manual handling with background theory and practice. Looking at the types of injuries caused by incorrect handling and how to stay safe when performing tasks.
Course sessions include:
- Introduction to manual handling
- Manual handling and the law
- Risk assessment.
Hot Work Permit Training
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to design and use a simple hot work permit, understand the legal requirements for safe systems of work and hot work permits and have an overview of fire safety requirements within a hot works environment.
Training will include:
- Preparing to carry out hot work
- Precautions during and after hot work.
Accident Investigation Training for Your Staff
This virtual training course is for staff who are responsible for dealing with accidents in the workplace and investigating them should they occur. It also looks at methods for preventing accidents and why this should be the first consideration.
This course is interactive, including practical exercises and open discussion to support learning; we can even incorporate your own policy and procedure and reporting forms to make it truly bespoke to your organisation.
This course looks at the process of investigating accidents under the HSE guidance as well as covering the requirements for reporting accidents under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases, Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) 2013.
Needlestick & Infectious Materials Clean-up Awareness
A look at the typical hazards faced by operatives, ground maintenance, voids staff and others which includes:
- Legal requirements
- Control Measures
- Safe systems of work
- What to do if you find a needle
- First aid for needlestick injuries.
Infection Control Awareness
Aimed at the ‘care side’ of the business, such as sheltered and extra care staff, sessions include:
- Infection Control Policy
- Principles of the causes and spread of infection in care settings
- Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in care settings
- Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in ‘care’ type settings
- Principles of infection prevention and control in a ‘care’ type setting.